ST25T product family offers NFC/RFID ICs for contactless applications. They include short and long range (ISO/IEC 14443 A/B & 15693) and feature EEPROM memory, from 512-bit to 64-Kbit.
What is an ST25 NFC tag?
A near field communication (NFC) tag consists of a tag IC chip and an antenna. ST manufactures ST25 NFC tag ICs for tag makers, who connect the IC to an antenna to build operational ST25 NFC tags.
These NFC tags do not require batteries to communicate with NFC readers like smartphones. They harvest the power they need directly from the magnetic field of the reader positioned in close proximity to the tag.
The ST25 NFC tag and the reader exchange data using specific NFC instructions defined by standards for contactless communication.
Any physical object with an ST25 NFC tag can therefore offer an advanced digital experience to the consumer.
ST25 NFC tags can enhance user experience in several ways, depending on the targeted applications. For instance, you can engage with consumers, authenticate goods, and even validate your bus ticket.
If you are interested in learning more about NFC chips, visit our learning page.
ST-manufactured NFC tag ICs meet all the requirements of the NFC Forum – standardization organization of the industry – and offer an attractive combination of performance and state-of-the-art features. The "T" in ST25T product names denote tag products in the ST25 family.
Available in several user memory densities and with many key features, ST25T NFC tags target a wide variety of applications such as IoT objects and Smart home & city. This includes key markets like luxury, pharma, Healthcare & Wellness, Wine & Spirits, etc.
Our ST25T portfolio offers four main series, providing different kinds of advanced features to enable a broad range of use cases.
ISO/IEC 15693 - NFC Forum Type 5
ISO/IEC 14443 Type A - NFC Forum Type 2
ISO/IEC 14443 Type A – NFC Forum Type 4
ISO/IEC 14443 Type B
Discover our portfolio
- ST25 NFC tags deliver an enhanced wireless experience to users thanks to a simple tap. Other main benefits of this product family include:
- NFC Forum compliant solutions ensuring interoperability between devices
- Native access to customizable tag data thanks to the Augmented NDEF
- Prevention from counterfeiting with the TruST25™ Digital signature
- High-reliability EEPROM memory, suitable for a wide range of use cases
- User data protection with up to 128-bit passwords
- Extensive ecosystem bringing simple and easy NFC integration in your product
- Dedicated support through ST25Connect program
|Standards compliance|| || || || |
|Memory|| || || || |
|Advanced features|| || || || |
|Use cases|| || || || |