Silicon carbide - The latest breakthrough in high-voltage switching and rectification
ST’s portfolio of silicon carbide (SiC) devices incluses STPOWER SiC MOSFETs ranging from 650 to 2200 V with the industry’s highest junction temperature rating of 200 °C for more efficient and simplified designs, and STPOWER SiC diodes ranging from 600 to 1200 V which feature negligible switching losses and 15% lower forward voltage (VF) than standard silicon diodes. Check our Innovation and Technology page about SiC.
Click below to play our video, and here to read our blog article.
STPOWER SiC MOSFET
- Automotive-grade (AG) qualified devices
- Very high temperature handling capability (max. Tj = 200 °C)
- Very low switching losses (minimal variation versus temperature) allowing to work at very high switching frequency
- Low on-state resistance over the temperature range
- Simple to drive
- Very fast and robust intrinsic body diode proved
STPOWER SiC Diodes
- Very low forward conduction losses for increased efficiency
- Low switching losses for reduced size and cost of the power converter
- Soft switching behavior (low EMC impact), simplifying certification and speeding time-to market
- High forward surge capability for increased robustness and reliability
- High power integration (dual diodes) for reduced PCB form factor
- High-temperature capability with Tj max = 175 °C
- AEC-Q101-qualified and PPAP-capable automotive-grade SiC diodes
eDesignSuite is a comprehensive set of easy-to-use design-aid utilities ready to help you streamline the system development process with a wide range of ST products.