Safe and low-cost USB Type-C applications with STM32 + TCPP protection
Learn how to make your USB Type-C designs more robust and cost-effective
Offering many benefits such as reversibility, higher data rates and fast charging, USB Type-C connectors are being adopted to help meet environmental objectives through the reuse cables and adaptors thus reducing electronic waste while taking advantage of new use cases such as Dual Role Data (DRD) or Dual Role Power (DRP).
USB Type-C applications require careful power management design to safely comply with the latest USB-C Power Delivery 3.1 specification without compromising overall system cost.
Your take-aways from this on-demand webinar:
- What is new with the USB-C connector
- How to take advantage of system partitioning to design cost-effective USB-C applications
- About the protection requirements for sink, source, DRP applications
- How ST's Type-C Port Protection (TCPP) product family reduces system cost, size and power consumption
- How to implement TCPP in your system based on schematic examples
- How to start USB-C development with X-NUCLEO expansion boards