STM32G4 Series of mixed-signal MCUs with DSP and FPU instructions
The STM32G4 Series combines a 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 core (with FPU and DSP instructions) running at 170 MHz combined with 3 different hardware accelerators: ART Accelerator™, CCM-SRAM routine booster and mathematical accelerators. The STM32G4 Series also offers:
- Rich advanced analog peripherals (comparator, op-amps, DAC)
- ADC with hardware oversampling (16-bit resolution)
- Dual-bank Flash memory with error-correcting code (ECC) (supports in-field firmware upgrades)
- Securable memory area
- High-resolution timer version 2
- USB Type-C interface with Power Delivery including physical layer (PHY)
- AES hardware encryption
A flexible interconnect matrix allows autonomous communication between peripherals and saves CPU resources and power consumption.
A high degree of compatibility with the STM32F3 Series guarantees outstanding efficiency when designing derivatives of applications at different performance levels.
The STM32G4 Series of mixed-signal microcontrollers consists of:
- The STM32G4x1 Access line: general-purpose microcontrollers with an entry level set of analog peripherals
- The STM32G4x3 Performance line: general-purpose microcontrollers with the maximum number of analog peripherals
- The STM32G4x4 Hi-resolution line with high-resolution timer and complex waveform builder plus event handler (HRTIM) for digital power conversion, such as digital switched-mode power supplies, lighting, welding, solar and wireless charging
Package options are LQPF32/48/64/80/100/128, UFBGA64/100/121, WLCSP48/64/81, UQFN32/48 for devices with 32 up to 512 Kbytes of Flash memory.
Temperature range from -40 to 85° C or from -40 to 125° C.
Learn more about the key features and specifications of the 32-bit Arm Cortex-M4 processor, featuring dedicated Digital Signal Processing (DSP) IP blocks and optional FPU.
STM32Cube MCU package for STM32G4 series
Hardware, software and training resources to design digital power applications. Built for beginners to expert-level developers
Online Motor Control solution finder for STM32 and STM8 products
The STM32 ecosystem offers many tools to ease the development of motor control applications
The STM32G4 Series combines a 32-bit Arm® Cortex®-M4 core (with FPU and DSP instructions) running at 170 MHz combined with 3 different hardware accelerators: ART Accelerator™, CCM-SRAM routine booster and mathematical accelerators.
The P-NUCLEO-IHM03 STM32 motor-control pack is a kit composed of the X-NUCLEO-IHM16M1 board, the NUCLEO-G431RB board, a brushless Gimbal motor (GBM2804H-100T), and the DC power supply.
Recommended for you
Events and Seminars
Explore digital power and motor control with two new STM32G4 MCU discovery kits
- The new B-G474E-DPOW1 kit offers a comprehensive platform to easily develop your digital-power applications, leveraging the mathematical hardware accelerator and advanced analog peripherals of the STM32G4 series to build energy-efficient applications. Learn how to use this discovery board during ST Partner Biricha's digital power supply training and take your design one step further! The associated STM32CubeG4 software now includes comprehensive free software libraries and code examples to reduce development effort, time and cost.
- The small form factor of our motor-control reference design (B-G431B-ESC1) allows you to include it in applications such as drones. This discovery kit for Electronic Speed Control (ESC) helps you to easily implement the STM32G4's features, and is compatible with the X-CUBE-MCSDK v5.4.5 motor-control SDK embedded code examples.