The ISM330DHCX is a system-in-package featuring a high-performance 3D digital accelerometer and 3D digital gyroscope tailored for Industry 4.0 applications.
ST’s family of MEMS sensor modules leverages the robust and mature manufacturing processes already used for the production of micromachined accelerometers and gyroscopes.
The various sensing elements are manufactured using specialized micromachining processes, while the IC interfaces are developed using CMOS technology that allows the design of a dedicated circuit which is trimmed to better match the characteristics of the sensing element.
In the ISM330DHCX the sensing elements of the accelerometer and of the gyroscope are implemented on the same silicon die, thus guaranteeing superior stability and robustness.
The ISM330DHCX has a full-scale acceleration range of ±2/±4/±8/±16 g and a wide angular rate range of ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000/±4000 dps that enable its usage in a broad range of applications.
All the design aspects and the calibration of the ISM330DHCX have been optimized to reach superior accuracy, stability, extremely low noise and full data synchronization.
An unmatched set of embedded features (Machine Learning Core, programmable FSM, FIFO, sensor hub, event decoding and interrupts) are enablers for implementing smart and complex sensor nodes which deliver high performance at very low power.
The ISM330DHCX is available in a 14-lead plastic land grid array (LGA) package.
- 3D accelerometer with selectable full scale: ±2/±4/±8/±16 g
- 3D gyroscope with extended selectable full scale: ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000/±4000 dps
- Extended temperature range from -40 to +105 °C
- Embedded compensation for high stability over temperature
- SPI/I²C serial interface
- Auxiliary SPI serial interface for data output of gyroscope and accelerometer (OIS and other stabilization applications)
- Six-channel synchronized output
- Sensor hub feature to efficiently collect data from additional external sensors
- Embedded smart FIFO up to 9 kbytes
- Programmable Finite State Machine to process data from accelerometer, gyroscope, and external sensors
- Machine Learning Core
- Smart embedded functions and interrupts: tilt detection, free-fall, wakeup, 6D/4D orientation, click and double-click
- Embedded pedometer, step detector and counter for healthcare applications
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Embedded self-test both for gyroscope and accelerometer
- High shock survivability
- ECOPACK, RoHS and “Green” compliant
This video tutorial shows how to easily configure a silicon-embedded advanced pedometer feature, using ST’s new generation of iNEMO™ Inertial Measurement Units (IMU).
This video on the SensorTile.box Pro Mode shows you how to use this IoT and wearable sensor development kit to create customized wireless applications using an STM32Cube function pack. Use-case on a Human Activity Recognition algorithm included.
Watch this short tutorial on the Expert mode of the SensorTile.box to learn how to use a graphical wizard to build programs without having to write any code.
Recommended for you
Support and Applications
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFLGA2.5X3X.86 14L P.5 L.475X.25||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.