STM32H7 series of high-performance MCUs with ARM® Cortex®-M7 core
Taking advantage of an L1 cache, STM32H7 devices deliver the maximum theoretical performance of the Cortex-M7 core, regardless if code is executed from embedded Flash or external memory: 2400 CoreMark /1027 DMIPS at 480 MHz fCPU.
Smart architecture with new generation of peripherals set
The STM32H7 series unleashes the Cortex-M7 core:
- AXI and multi-AHB bus matrixes for interconnecting core, peripherals and memories
- 16 Kbytes +16 Kbytes of I-cache and D-cache
- Up to 2 Mbytes of embedded dual-bank Flash memory, with ECC and Read-While-Write capability
- A high-speed master direct memory access (MDMA) controller, two dual-port DMAs with FIFO and request router capabilities for optimal peripheral management, and one additional DMA
- Chrom-ART acceleration for efficient 2D image copy and double-precision FPU are also part of the acceleration features available in the device
- Peripheral speed independent from CPU speed (dual-clock support) allowing system clock changes without any impact on peripheral operations
- Even more peripherals, such as four serial audio interfaces (SAI) with SPDIF output support, three full-duplex I²S interfaces, a SPDIF input interface supporting four inputs, two USB OTG with dedicated power supply and Dual-mode Quad-SPI interface, two FD-CAN controllers, a high-resolution timer, a TFT-LCD controller, a JPEG codec, two SDIO interfaces and many other analog peripherals including three fast 16-bit ADCs, two comparators and two operational amplifiers.
- 1 Mbyte of SRAM with a scattered architecture:
- 192 Kbytes of TCM RAM (including 64 Kbytes of ITCM RAM and 128 Kbytes of DTCM RAM for time-critical routines and data), 512 Kbytes, 288 Kbytes and 64 Kbytes of user SRAM, and 4 Kbytes of SRAM in backup domain to keep data in the lowest power modes
The STM32H750 and STM32H753 lines integrate a crypto/hash processor providing hardware acceleration for AES-128, -192 and -256 encryption, with support for GCM and CCM, Triple DES, and hash (MD5, SHA-1 and SHA-2) algorithms.
The STM32H750 and STM32H753 also enable Secure Firmware Install (SFI) embedded security services to authenticate and protect your software IPs while performing initial programming.
The STM32H753 supports Secure Boot Secure FW update (SBSFU)* software package (X-CUBE-SBSFU) available on ST.COM with its multiple embedded memory protections for firmware upgrade in the field.
*Available in Q3-2019
- The multi-power domains architecture allows the different power domains to be set in low-power mode to optimize the power efficiency. In addition to the main regulator featuring voltage scaling to supply the core in different voltage ranges during Run and Stop modes, the device also embeds a USB regulator to supply the embedded physical layer (PHY) and a backup regulator.
- 275 µ/MHz typical @VDD = 3.3 V and 25 °C in Run mode (peripherals off)
- 2.95 µA in Standby mode (low-power mode)
- Cortex-M7 is backwards compatible with the Cortex-M4 instruction set
- STM32H7 series is pin-to-pin compatible with the STM32F7 series for common packages, and compatible with the STM32F4 series for most of the common packages *
* Note: see datasheet for the specific case of 100-pin packages
The STM32Cube.AI is an extension pack of the widely used STM32CubeMX configuration and code generation tool enabling AI on STM32 Arm® Cortex®-M-based microcontrollers.
STM32 step-by-step is a learning program, and is part of the STM32 Education initiative, designed for anyone interested in getting started on building projects with the STM32 microcontroller and its powerful ecosystem of development boards and software programming tools.
Get in depth knowledge with STM32 microcontrollers On Line Trainings
high-performance MCUs Value Line
New High-performance Value Line boost real-time IoT-device innovation
The latest STM32 High-performance Value Line gives extra flexibility to create affordable performance-oriented systems including real-time IoT devices, without compromising features or cyber protection.
The STM32H750 is now in production, in various package options from 100-pin to 240-pin.