High efficiency, high-side switch with extended diagnostics and smart driving for capacitive loads
The IPS2050H is a dual high-side switch IC able to drive capacitive, resistive, or inductive loads with one side connected to ground. The very low RDS(on) (≤ 50 mΩ up to TJ = 125 °C) makes the IC suitable for applications with up to 2.4 A / 5.6 A steady state operating current.
Each output channel is independently protected against junction over-temperature events by a junction temperature sensor, and a further temperature sensor is included to monitor case temperature, so an overheated output channel can only be turned back ON when the case temperature returns below the reset temperature.
Key features of IPS2050H
- 8 V to 60 V operating supply voltage range
- Smart driving of capacitive load
- Under-voltage lock-out
- VCC over-voltage protection
- Fast demagnetization of inductive loads
- Per-channel overload and over-temperature protection
- Case over-temperature protection
- Per channel overload/over-temperature event diagnostic pins
- Ground disconnection protection
- Designed to meet IEC 61000-4-2, IEC 61000-4-4, IEC 61000-4-5
- Package PowerSSO-24