LDLN050: 500 mA, high-performance, low-dropout linear regulator
Designed to minimize intrinsic noise for a wide variety of applications, the LDLN050, fast start-up LDO maintains the expected output voltage with high precision.
With a very low-resistance pass element (PMOS) that is very fast, even during turn-on, this 500 mA LDO regulator can be used to supply noise-sensitive circuits such as sensors, MCUs and wireless ICs in industrial applications.
Its low current consumption makes the LDLN050 ideal for battery-supplied applications and can make a big difference in prolonging a device's battery life.
- Input voltage range: 2.7 to 6.5 V
- Very low output voltage noise: 13 µVRMS/VOUT
- Low quiescent current: 48 µA (typical)
- 500 mA guaranteed output current
- Ambient operating temperature range: -40 to 125°C
- Very low dropout
- Stable with low ESR capacitor: 2 µF (minimum)
- DFN8 (3 x 3 mm) package
Low noise POL
Power management Guide
Discover ST's portfolio of discrete and integrated power semiconductors as well as application guidelines and designer resources.
LDO – Quick reference guide
Linear voltage regulators are vital components in almost every circuit. They provide engineers with a simple and design-effective method to reduce an input voltage to one suitable for the application at hand.
Learn more about how LDOs can improve your design and how to find the right one for your application.
Discover ST’s signal conditioning, interface, and power management solutions for wearables
See how our products can extend your device's battery life and provide an enhanced user experience for a wide variety of applications.
Join this on-demand webinar as we explain the different Vbus topologies and associated product portfolios. We will showcase the benefits of our DC-DC and LDO regulators, eFuses, and LED drivers, along with the evaluation boards and free simulation tools available to help designers go to market faster.
We will help you:
- Understand the advantages of ST power management products in your designs
- Learn how to effectively identify and select the best regulators for your applications
- Learn more about our simulation and design aid tool environment