L6981-2-3: Synchronous step-down converters with low quiescent current
The L6981, L6982 and L6983 are easy-to-use synchronous monolithic step-down regulators capable of delivering from 1.5 to 3 A DC to the load. The wide input voltage range makes these devices suitable for a broad range of applications.
They are all available both in low-consumption mode (LCM) and low-noise mode (LNM) versions:
- LCM maximizes the efficiency at light load with controlled output voltage ripple so the device is suitable for battery-powered applications
- LNM makes the switching frequency constant and minimizes the output voltage ripple for light-load operations, meeting specifications for noise-sensitive applications
These buck regulators embed a full set of protection functions (overcurrent, overvoltage, and over-temperature) to increase the mean time between failures (MTBF) and reduce the number of external components required, thus lowering BOM costs.
Choose your product:
Key features & applications:
- 3.5 V to 38 V operating input voltage
- Output voltage from 0.85 V to VIN
- From 1.5 A DC to 3 A DC output current
- From 17 to 20 μA operating quiescent current
- 2 μA shutdown current
- Output voltage sequencing
- Synchronization to external clock for LNM devices
- 3.3 V and 5 V fixed output voltage versions
Switching Converters (DC-DC) Quick reference guide
This guide provides developers with an overview of our most commonly used switching regulators and will help identify the most appropriate solution for each type of application.
eDSim: fast and powerful electrical simulation software for SMPS and analog ICs
Design your analog circuit, get a quick preview with fully annotated schematic and BOM, and then run the electrical simulation through eDSim for fast and accurate simulations and reliable design validation.
Join this on-demand webinar as we explain the different Vbus topologies and associated product portfolios. We will showcase the benefits of our DC-DC and LDO regulators, eFuses, and LED drivers, along with the evaluation boards and free simulation tools available to help designers go to market faster.
We will help you:
- Understand the advantages of ST power management products in your designs
- Learn how to effectively identify and select the best regulators for your applications
- Learn more about our simulation and design aid tool environment