Complex embedded systems in industrial and consumer applications manage high processing loads in real time, while providing with rich human machine interfaces (HMIs) and optimizing power consumption.
The STM32 family of general-purpose 32-bit microprocessors (MPUs) provides developers with greater design flexibility and performance. STM32 microprocessors are based on single or dual Arm® Cortex®-A cores, combined with a Cortex®-M core. From cost-effective, single-core MPUs to more advanced, multicore MPUs, ST offers a scalable approach to help developers find the right fit.
A strong, user-friendly ecosystem
STM32 microprocessors leverage the proven software, tools, and technical support provided by the STM32 family ecosystem.
- They come with the OpenSTLinux Distribution, which is a mainlined open-source Linux distribution. It contains all the essential building blocks for running software on microprocessor cores.
- OpenSTLinux is reviewed and accepted by the Linux community (Linux Foundation, Yocto Project, and Linaro).
- It is preintegrated within the OP-TEE secure OS.
- OpenSTLinux is provided with Microsoft Azure RTOS components, enabling real-time performance.
- Evaluation boards and discovery kits are available to accelerate development.
STM32 MPUs are pin-to-pin compatible within each product line, allowing developers to reuse software seamlessly and migrate IPs from project to project. The packages are compatible with low-cost PCB technologies (down to 4-layer plated-through hole PCBs) and can be combined with a dedicated power management IC (PMIC).
STM32 microprocessors are included in ST's 10-year longevity commitment program. They are available at distributors worldwide.
The STM32 MPUs are designed for Industry 4.0, smart homes, and smart cities.
- Factory Automation/PLC
- Industrial control
- Industrial HMI
- Industrial gateways
- Payment terminals
- Pin pads
- Cash registers
- Barcode/QR Code readers
- Label/Tag/Fiscal printers
- Smart thermostats
- Smart homes Gateway
- White goods
- Video doorbells
- Data concentrators Power grids
- EV charging infrastructures
- Access control
- Alarm/Security control panels
- Portable medical devices
- Patient Monitoring
- Patient diagnostic devices
- Ultrasound imaging devices
- Conferencing Room equipment
- Asset tracking
- Vehicle on-board diagnostics
- Image classification
- Object detection
- Predictive maintenance
- Advanced voice control
- Posture recognition
- People counting
- Edge computing
- Edge processing
- Industrial gateways
- Programmable logic controllers
32-bit microprocessors based on single or dual Arm® Cortex®-A7 cores and an Cortex®-M4 core (optional)
A general-purpose microprocessor portfolio that makes MPU development more accessible. This series enables a wide range of entry-level MPU applications, reaching an optimal cost/performance trade-off.
STM32MP2 samples available in Q4 2023:
64-bit microprocessors based on a dual Arm® Cortex®-A35 and a single Cortex®-M33 cores
A general-purpose microprocessor portfolio for secure Industry 4.0 and edge computing applications that require advanced multimedia capabilities. Several products embed a neural processing unit.
Discover our portfolio
- Mainlined open-source Linux distribution with Android support available via partners
- STM32Cube firmware and embedded software libraries
- An optional Neural Processing Unit (NPU) enabling AI/ML edge processing
- An optional 3D graphics processing unit (GPU) provides for advanced HMI development
- Wide range of wired and wireless connectivity interfaces
- Rich set of digital and analog peripherals
- Advanced security features
- Optimized bill of materials (BOM) thanks to: High integration, packages compatible with low-cost PCB technologies (down to 4-layer plated-through hole (PTH) PCBs) and dedicated Power Management IC (PMIC)
- Advanced tools from ST and Partners
- Best-in-class local and online support
- Worldwide distribution channels
- Rolling 10-year longevity commitment renewed every year
BSP, HAL, middleware components and application packages in source code for development on Arm® Cortex®-M processors.
Dedicated Power-Management IC (PMIC) and ideal companion chip for the STM32MP1 Series in battery-powered applications.
Accelerate your time-to-market with our MPU based discovery kits and evaluation boards.
STM32MP157 running a QT graphics demo developed by KDAB on a 4” 800*480 MIPI-DSI display
STM32MP157C-DK2 running an Embedded Wizard Demo, at 800 x 480 in resolution.
Introducing our STM32MP1 microprocessor series with dual Arm® Cortex®-A7 and Cortex®-M4 Cores
Recommended for you