The LSM6DSV16X is a high-performance, low-power 6-axis IMU, featuring a 3-axis digital accelerometer and a 3-axis digital gyroscope, with a triple core for processing acceleration and angular rate data on three separate channels (user interface, OIS, and EIS) with dedicated configuration, processing, and filtering.
The LSM6DSV16X enables processes in edge computing, leveraging embedded advanced dedicated features such as a finite state machine (FSM) for configurable motion tracking and a machine learning core (MLC) for context awareness with exportable AI features for IoT applications.
The LSM6DSV16X supports the adaptive self-configuration (ASC) feature, which allows the FSM to automatically reconfigure the device in real time based on the detection of a specific motion pattern or based on the output of a specific decision tree configured in the MLC, without any intervention from the host processor.
The LSM6DSV16X embeds Qvar (electric charge variation detection) for user interface functions like tap, double tap, triple tap, long press, or L/R – R/L swipe.
The LSM6DSV16X embeds an analog hub able to connect an external analog input and convert it to a digital signal for processing.
- Triple core for UI, EIS, and OIS data processing
- "Always-on" experience with low power consumption for both accelerometer and gyroscope
- Smart FIFO up to 4.5 KB
- Android compliant
- ±2/±4/±8/±16 g full scale
- ±125/±250/±500/±1000/±2000/±4000 dps full scale
- SPI / I²C & MIPI I3C® v1.1 serial interface with main processor data synchronization
- Auxiliary SPI for OIS data output for gyroscope and accelerometer
- OIS configurable from aux. SPI, primary interface (SPI / I²C & MIPI I3C® v1.1)
- EIS dedicated channel on primary interface with dedicated filtering
- Advanced pedometer, step detector, and step counter
- Significant motion detection, tilt detection
- Standard interrupts: free-fall, wake-up, 6D/4D orientation, click and double click
- Programmable finite state machine for accelerometer, gyroscope, and external sensor data processing with high rate @ 960 Hz
- Machine learning core with exportable features and filters for AI applications
- Embedded adaptive self-configuration (ASC)
- Embedded Qvar (electrostatic sensor) for user interface functions (tap, double tap, triple tap, long press, L/R – R/L swipe)
- Embedded analog hub for ADC and processing analog input data
- Embedded sensor fusion low-power algorithm
- Embedded temperature sensor
- Analog supply voltage: 1.71 V to 3.6 V
- Independent IO supply (extended range: 1.08 V to 3.6 V)
- Power consumption: 0.65 mA in combo high-performance mode
- Compact footprint: 2.5 mm x 3 mm x 0.83 mm
- ECOPACK and RoHS compliant
You might also like...
Standard C platform-independent drivers for MEMS motion and environmental sensors
3-axis accelerometer and 3-axis gyroscope kit with QVAR functionality based on LSM6DSV16X
Android sensor HAL for MEMS motion and environmental sensors (Industrial I/O framework)
Are you developing applications for your phone 3D map, PC status detection, the metaverse entering or for a trainer always with you? Everything can be done with ST new LSM6DSV16X, its embedded Sensor Fusion and in-the-edge features.
Watch a demo on LSM6DSV16X that showcases how to use the IMU to process custom gestures inside the device leveraging the MLC: stationary position, nodding, shaking your head and head swing. For the evaluation a custom version of the SensorTile.box (LSM6DSOX > LSM6DSV16X) has been used. Multiple examples of Machine Learning Core are available on GitHub and for more information you can visit www.st.com/mlc
Recommended for you
EDA Symbols, Footprints and 3D Models
STMicroelectronics - LSM6DSV16X
Speed up your design by downloading all the EDA symbols, footprints and 3D models for your application. You have access to a large number of CAD formats to fit with your design toolchain.
Quality and Reliability
|Part Number||Marketing Status||Package||RoHS Compliance Grade||Material Declaration**|
|VFLGA2.5X3X.86 14L P.5 L.475X.25||Ecopack2|
(**) The Material Declaration forms available on st.com may be generic documents based on the most commonly used package within a package family. For this reason, they may not be 100% accurate for a specific device. Please contact our sales support for information on specific devices.
Sample & Buy
|Part Number||Order from distributors||Order from ST||Marketing Status||ECCN (US)||ECCN (EU)||Packing Type||Package||Temperature (°C)||Country of Origin||Budgetary Price (US$)*/Qty|
|LSM6DSV16XTR|| distributors |
Distributor availability of LSM6DSV16XTR
Distributor reported inventory date:
| Buy from Distributor || |
|EAR99||NEC||Tape and Reel||VFLGA2.5X3X.86 14L P.5 L.475X.25||-40||85||PHILIPPINES|| |
Tape and Reel
Operating Temperature (°C)
Country of Origin:
(*) Suggested Resale Price (USD) per defined quantity for BUDGETARY USE ONLY. For quotes, prices in local currency, please contact your local ST Sales Office or our Distributors