What is the STM32G0?
The STM32G0 series is our new general purpose 32-bit microcontrollers offering efficiency, robustness and simplicity. Designers will especially appreciate its pin-to-pin compatibility with the STM32 family and its comprehensive development ecosystem.
Who should attend this course?
- Engineers looking for a general purpose microcontroller for their embedded applications
- Engineers who wish to better understand the STM32G0's innovative architecture and embedded smart peripherals
- Engineers looking to design applications using a user-friendly development ecosystem
Benefits you will take away
- Lab exercises focusing on the STM32G0 platform, smart peripherals and advanced functions
- Tips and tricks to strengthen your expertise of ultra-low-power MCU design through theory and hands-on exercises
On line course concept
- Courses are provided in MOOC format with course material available online, mostly as videos complemented with exercises.
- Each course takes approximately 3 hours to complete, depending on your proficiency.
- Overview of the STM32G0 platform including its architecture, key features and main benefits
- Hands-on experience with real-life application scenarios and operating modes using STM32Cube embedded software
- How to simplify designs and reduce BOM using the new advanced peripheral set
- Putting together a complete solution including low-layer APIs and middleware components
- Tips and tricks to improve the design and performance of embedded applications
- Good understanding of embedded system development and programing in C
- The STM32G0 Nucleo board (NUCLEO-G071RB) is required for the hands-on exercises included in the course
- Type A to type B micro USB cable
- Laptop PC running Windows® 7, 8 or 10 with administrator rights
- Download here the zip file with the tools installation instructions and other files that will be helpful for the MOOC
- Download here the full workshop presentation in pdf format
The STM32L5 is based on Arm® Cortex-M33 and TrustZone® technology combined with STMicroelectronics security implementation. On your STM32L562E-DK discovery board, TrustZone is disabled (factory setting) and you can develop as on any other STM32 device. This video shows how to enable TrustZone on STM32L562E-DK discovery using STM32CubeProgrammer and create, compile and debug or run a new project with STM32CubeIDE. It also shows how to open an example project delivered in STM32CubeL5 MCU Package, modify, compile and debug or run it. For further information, you can refer to AN5394 and AN5424 application notes.
Security has emerged as one of the 3 key areas that developers of embedded and IoT applications are thriving to improve. The STM32L5 microcontroller series is the solution and provide a new optimal balance between performance, power and security.
Download the free TouchGFX GUI software, try the Out-of-the-Box supported STM32H7B3I-DK, and eliminate the need for external ram, when developing your next embedded UI.